When you have extra blueberries on hand (hello Costco!) and you aren’t sure what to do with them, where do you look? Pinterest of course! I found this amazing Blueberry Bread recipe on Good Friday. In a panic, I decided at the last minute that I wanted to have something on hand that would make an easy breakfast for Easter weekend.
Timing is everything and I don’t got it!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. All this means is that I make a small commission at no extra cost to you! See my disclosure for details.
However, I found this recipe on Plated Cravings and I knew I needed to try it. Besides, I had every ingredient on hand. Total win in my book! This recipe was easy, effortless and baked for over an hour. With minimal mess and even less cleanup, I got to take in the lovely aromas of this break baking without slaving away for hours.
The best part? It tasted absolutely amazing! I am posting the recipe here but just know, I do not take credit for this yummy Blueberry Bread. I found it here and I am so thankful that I did!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir milk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract into flour mixture until batter is just blended.
- Combine washed and dried blueberries with 1 tsp of flour and gently fold them into the batter. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
It was so easy and so scrumptious!
If you give it a try, let me know! Tag me on Instagram for a chance to be featured. I love seeing your creations and saying hello to other business owners and women who are doing the same things I am: trying to make every day awesome and finding joy no matter what!
Have A Stellar Day,