This recipe is my favorite recipe to use when I am making chocolate chip cookies. They don’t last long in my house- EVER. So, I go through seasons of making them in bulk. Recently I doubled the batch and froze some dough balls to put in the freezer. Then, whenever I need only five or six cookies, I can just throw them into the oven with ease. Without further ado, here’s my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe for you to save and revisit over and over again!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
A Few Notes Before You Start Baking:
When you make the dough, use a hand mixer to make the dough all the way up to when you add the chocolate chips. When you add the chocolate chips, make sure you stir them in from there. I always use a metal spoon but so many people recommend a wooden spoon to do the trick.
Mini Chocolate Chips Make Everything Better
I started using these Kroger Mini Chocolate Chips from Fry’s. When I do this, I only add 1 Cup to the recipe. However, these are so fun because there’s more opportunities for the chocolate to spread out and “even out” the cookie. Instead of big chunks of chocolate, there’s small bits of chocolate in every bite. Although there is something to be said about big chunks of chocolate. Can’t find them at the store? You can snag them HERE!
The Perfect Cookie Sheet
Jason got me this Perfect Cookie Sheet for Christmas last year and I have LOVED it. It’s a silicone baking sheet that gives you the perfect placement and room for the cookies to expand. Also, they seem to bake more evenly when I use it. Overall, it makes baking them much easier and I am a FAN of that!
Like I said, I bake these cookies often. I typically watch The Sound of Music while I bake them, and that just doesn’t feel like the wrong choice. Check it out below! It’s a simple and famously known recipe that I tweak here and there. Hopefully you love it too and have as much success as I have had with them. My family loves this Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and yours will too!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter, granulated sugar, band brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and mix. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if using. Drop 1-tablespoon balls (or 2-tablespoon balls) onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.