As a busy mom and entrepreneur, it’s important to me to find easy meals to have on hand. When a quick meal is needed, I don’t always want to rush to takeout if we don’t need to. Just because I am a working mom and building a business doesn’t mean that I want to sacrifice on quality food for my family. It also means that I don’t have a ton of time to spend in the kitchen. So finding quick recipes are important to me. This easy homemade pizza dough for busy nights is always a win in our house!
From this point on, this article may contain affiliate links. When you click these links, I may get a small commission. It won’t cost you anything, but it helps me run this site.
This recipe that I am sharing with you today takes a little bit of prep. Once it’s prepped, you can make it immediately or freeze some of the dough for another time. I planned around my schedule when I was going to prep the dough, and it only took me about twenty minutes to make. I allowed it to sit for well over two hours and it turned out just great!
Once in the oven, it only took about ten minutes to cook. I decided to freeze several balls of dough to have for a later time. This means I can just pull the dough out the day I want to serve pizza, and we will have a ten minute meal that night! Win!! Here is the recipe that I found on Belly Full. I made my own tweaks to it of course, but I love that I have a homemade dough to feed my family quickly on nights when I need it most.
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough For Busy Nights
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 packets (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for bowl and drizzling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for work surface
- Pour the water into a large bowl. Sprinkle the water with yeast and let it stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, oil, and salt. Add flour and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Lightly brush another large bowl with a small amount of olive oil. Place the dough inside and drizzle a little oil over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until dough has doubled in size, about one hour. I stored mine in the microwave and allowed it to just sit there for over two hours, and it did just fine!
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead one or two times, forming into a round. Let it rest for approx. ten more minutes.
- Use or store as one large pizza OR you can divide it up to serve 4 individual size pizzas. I doubled this batch and had many dough balls to put into the freezer.
This easy homemade pizza dough for busy nights was a huge hit in our home! Besides prepping the dough, cooking the pizza was quick and simple. You can just roll out the dough, add any toppings that you desire, and then put it into a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Make sure the oven is heated to 450 degrees, and then just keep an eye on the pizza depending on how crispy you would like it.
Save this recipe for nights when you need something quick but don’t want to do takeout. Prep the dough ahead of time and it’s ready to go anytime you need it! Plus, it helps me with my mindset to know that I am taking good care of my family even if it hardly looks perfect. Perfection isn’t key, but consistency is. And my family knows that no matter what, I love them with all my heart!
Make every day stellar!
Want more resources like this? Sign up to receive The Stellar Mid-Week! This FREE weekly resource is a personalized experience designed specifically for the creative entrepreneur in mind. Packed with timely encouragement, free resources that will help you MOVE your business forward. Sign up below and let’s make every business week as stellar as we can together!