Today, I am excited to bring a very special interview your way! Leah Castle with Living On Roots is a dedicated entrepreneur who loves helping other women with their struggles with health. I’ve known Leah for a LONG time (since high school!) and I’ve watched her story unfold through the years.
Living On Roots is where she encourages women to step into freedom with simple tactics, encouragements, tips and tricks. She is honest, open, and loves to serve others. She’s a gem and I know you’ll love her too! So, let’s dive right in and get started!
Interview With Leah Castle | Living On Roots
Hi Leah! Thank you so much for joining me at Make Every Day Stellar today! I’m thrilled to have you. Let’s start out by letting all my readers know a little bit more about who you are and what it is that you do!
- I am a certified holistic nutritionist specializing in empowering women to take their food planning skills from zero to healthy living hero. My self-guided and one-on-one programs turn meal planning, grocery shopping and food prep into an exciting and sustainable habit that gives them the energy boost they need in their busy every day lives. I love leading the women down healthier paths and showing them that dieting is not the answer – sometimes all it takes is a little prepping and planning to get started. When I am not working on my business I love to bake with my kids, scroll Pinterest, and attempt to garden. It is very peaceful in the garden 🙂
That’s so awesome! Why did you decide to become an entrepreneur and start Living on Roots?
- It is kind of a funny story. I had always talked about it but never put any of the work in. I just kept saying one day, one day…. Well, one day I came home and my husband had set up a website with the business name for me. (He knows me very well!). He knew that I would just keep saying someday and knew I needed the push. But once that scary part was done I got to work. I went back to school to learn more so that I could help women who were exactly where I was at that point; starting to eat healthier but not really sure where or how to start.
So what would you say that you are the most passionate about?
- I am most passionate about helping women stop focusing on a number on the scale and start living a life based on how they want to feel. I am a big believer that if we just start living our lives – eat more REAL food and less processed foods, moving our bodies more, getting better sleep, drinking more water and getting outside – everything else will fall into place.
That’s such a great way to look at it! So, what are some of the challenges that you face every day as an entrepreneur?
- My biggest challenges would definitely include not promoting myself enough and asking for the sale. Ha! I love LOVE to give and help that sometimes I forget that I am in a business.
What is the biggest reoccurring problem that your customers and readers face daily?
- Confusion. The internet is full of fad diets, mis-lead information, and gimmicks that make it hard to know what direction to go when it comes to your health.
How do you convince your kids to eat healthy every day?
- I don’t convince :). I just lead by example. I talk about the benefits, constantly offer healthy snacks and options on their plates. But I never force. I want them to have a healthy relationship with food all while enjoying the sweet treats. Life is for living and I don’t want them to feel that they have to choose between veggies and a cup of ice cream. I want them to develop the body awareness to understand when they are full, not to eat out of boredom, and prioritize healthy habits.
That’s really cool! As a busy mom and entrepreneur, what is one tip that you would give to another busy working mom who is looking for ways to add health to her days?
- Start small. Don’t take anything away before adding in one small healthy habit. Take water for example. Start by drinking one extra cup of water a day. Don’t take the coffee away in the morning, just add an extra glass of water with it. Overtime, to get in that habit. Once that is established, add in another cup of water to your day. Small steps over time can do amazing things to your life!
I really love that approach. So, where do you see Living On Roots growing to in the next 5 years?
- My hope is that in 5 years, Living On Roots has a Facebook community of over 10,000 women that are sick of dieting and they know they can trust the information I share. I hope to have a second book published and a thriving business so that my husband can retire from the Navy and not have to go back into working for someone else.
That’s awesome. It’s really fun to watch your business grow. I love being inside your Facebook group where you encourage so many of us daily! What can people expect to find if they also join?
- They can expect to find healthy recipes, motivation to keep going – no matter where they are in life, healthy challenges to get started in different aspects of health, along with meal prepping and planning hacks, and some kitchen hacks to help your cooking time go faster.
Thank you so much Leah! You are a blessing to so many, and I am thankful we have been connected for as many years as we have.